Reject COVID-19 ICE & CBP Funding. For too long, our representatives in Congress have claimed to care about our communities while approving billions of dollars for a deadly detention and deportation machine. Today, we tell Congress that this ends now. Giving ICE and CBP more funding to expand their cruel enforcement system is never the solution-- join us in calling on your representatives to instead invest in what communities really need like financial relief and access to health care, while telling ICE and CBP to #FreeThemAll.
You can send a letter to your members of Congress below
Overview of today’s day of action and other ways you can support:
- Targets: Members of Congress
- Reject any funding for ICE and CBP in any future COVID-19 funding package and instead direct ICE to free people from detention
- Include strict transfer and reprogramming limitations to keep funds from being moved to ICE and CBP for immigration enforcement
- Amplify today’s call to action from your own social media platforms and use #FreeThemAll and #DefundHate
- Join DWN’s #FreeThemAll/#DefundHate Twitterstorm at 2pm EDT/ 11am PDT targeting House and Senate leadership, Congressional Hispanic Caucus, and Congressional Progressive Caucus. Sample tweets can be found in our Defund Hate Twitterstorm Toolkit.
- Tune into DWN’s Facebook Video discussion with American Friends Service Committee - Colorado at 3pm EDT/12pm PDTon Colorado-based efforts as part of the Defund Hate Campaign and their concerns and advocacy on the COVID-19 packages coming from Congress.
For the week of action schedule of events, visit Detention Watch Network’s Action Guide.
Resources to support your work: