Activist in Residence Program
Activist in Residence ‘aka’ AIR is a new program of the Quixote Center that supports innovative, social justice community-oriented work. During the duration of the 9-month program, we aim to work with creative, committed and energetic individuals to assist in their development and execution of a unique program that challenges a specific dimension of injustice within the church and/or society at large. We encourage creativity in your proposal and are open to a variety of project ideas!
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Completed a 1-year long community service project with a development or social justice nonprofit OR have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Ability to commit to a 9-month residency near College Park, Maryland (30 minutes from downtown DC)
Learning Outcomes: The Quixote Center has a history of being a social justice incubator. Many programs turned organizations have sprung out of the Center throughout our 42 years of existence. We are sure the selected resident will experience the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the interworking of a social justice nonprofit.
- Create and implement an innovative project that addresses an area of social injustice in a strategic manner.
- Gain confidence in project management and development in addition to nonprofit fundraising.